Saturday, January 16, 2010

Allergies

Dear Diary,
My DB & I to SMDC to finally get me tested for allergies. I knew from a previous blood test that I had allergic reactions to grass, birch, milk, & fish (all of course to varying degrees). This blood test was limited and so I got a referral & went to have a skin test for a clearer picture. I was having little "reactions" or "scares" more recently and I needed to know.
Results: Allergic reactions to: lobster, scallops, fish (salmon & tuna), walnuts & almonds. That explains why my almond cereal was giving me a reaction, and I thought it was the milk. Birch is related to apples, carrots, potatoes, and hazelnuts/filberts. (Less antigens if they're cooked.) I've also had reactions to some apples as well lately -- although different apples have different amounts of antigens. So, after not knowing for years and having a fear of eating anything at a potluck or at another's house, I finally know my limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment