Monday, July 11, 2011

Tuesdays with Morrie



I just finished a book on tape. I like these because I can still work in my garden, cook, or do whatever and still "read". :)
I just finished Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom. It was truly fantastic. I love how Mr. Albom writes and how everything he seems to say ... just flows. His story jumps from the past to the present multiple times, and he always does well as bringing the reader in to the current tense. I've always wanted to read this book and it held up to the standards I was expecting. It is about the final interview of a professor in the last few months of his life. On one hand, he's dying (from Lou Gehrig's disease) and losing the capability to do things for himself. On the other hand, he's still living and sharing what he has learned. I cannot remember how Morrie quoted it, but it's like his life was a bridge between the current life and the after life. I highly recommend this book if you want a slightly sad, yet uplifting quick read.






"Don't hang on too long, but don't let go too soon." -Morrie



PS: Other good reads by Mitch Albom are One More Day and The Five People You Meet in Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment