Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Coupon!

I label this "hobbies"...because I'm a nerd and I like couponing.  The other day I spent $207.54 and total savings was $100.94 -- a savings of 33%.   No, I'm not as good as some eXtreme couponers, but I also don't buy 33 tubes of toothpaste that I dislike the taste of either.  However, I do have 10 boxes of cereal on my pantry -- but I have a toddler and spouse who love kiddy cereals and go through them quite often.
This is just by clipping the Sunday paper's coupons and doubling them up with items that are already on sale -- so I buy an item on sale or use an in-store coupon and also use a manufacturer's coupon.  I've never tried printing out my own coupons because some stores don't accept them.  Maybe someday I'll look into it. But for most things that I buy: if its not on sale and it could be, we don't buy it (unlike milk which is rarely on sale).  If it is...clear a space for 10 of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment