Saturday, April 19, 2014

Homemade Greens

My chiropractor friend recommended more greens in my diet. It is so hard to get the recommended daily values so I decided to dry them (@ a low temp to avoid killing vital nutrients), use a coffee bean grinder to grind, & use a scoop in my morning smoothies. I dried chard, spinach, kale, carrots, tomatoes, & bok choy. I can definitely see why greens are expensive, it takes a lot of greens to make a little container of dried greens. I think I'll use my leafy greens from the garden this year & stock up. So many times I have an over-abundance of chard. Now I know how to preserve it better. 
Follow-up: I ground my greens slightly large to put in my smoothies. If I pulverized them into a thin powder, they still didn't mix well in thin-liquid beverages and the powder got everywhere, including me inhaling it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment