Monday, September 21, 2015

Innocence

This is a while back but I still want to journal the memory:
The girls and I were in the van. I was parked and someone had sent me a pic of my dad, a beautiful one I hadn't seen in a while. Elizabeth is watching me from her seat. I zoom in on the picture and take a pic of it w/ my smart phone. Well when I do this the phone makes the camera "flash" noise. Elizabeth asks me what I'm taking a picture of. Out of ignorance I tell her quickly, "my dad". I'll never forget how she then snaps to attention and starts looking through every window of the van to catch a glimpse of me dad. "Where is he?" She asks hurriedly.  "Oh honey, I'm just taking a picture of a picture on my phone." And I show her. She sits back, obviously disappointed, as am I. For there are no more pictures, no more hugs, no more laughs around the fire pit...until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment