Saturday, September 21, 2019

Suffering

I threw my back out this wk. Ever since my second pregnancy my SI joint can slip out of place and I’m in agony for weeks-even with chiropractic care and self stretching. Last time this year was when I caught a falling patient. 

One thing I’ve learned as a Catholic is to “offer it up”. You can pray for healing, but while you’re in the midst of suffering you more deeply understand the suffering of the Passion of Christ. 

“Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrow, suffering are but the kiss of Jesus – a sign that you have come so close to Him that He can kiss you.” -Mother Teresa

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church (Colossians 1:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment