Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Fr. Mike on the New Ark of the New Covenant

So I wanted to write this down to remember for future reference. Many times when I need a pick-me-up, I'll click on my label PTL (Praise the Lord) and read previous posts. So I'm listening to Fr. Mike Schmitz's Bible in a Year podcast. On May 4th "Covenant w/ David" Fr. Mike said that Mary is now our NEW Ark of the Covenant. The Ark of the Covenant contained the 10 Commandments (John 1:14 Jesus is the Word of God made flesh), the staff of Aaron (Hebrews 4:14 Jesus is our high priest), and the manna from heaven (John 6:35: I am the life). Both Arks were taken up into the hill country of Judah; David to the house of Obed-e′dom and Mary to the house of Elizabeth. 2 Samuel 6:9 - David said, “How can the ark of the Lord come to me?” He leaped and danced in the presence of the Ark. Luke 1:43 - Elizabeth says, "But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" as the babe leaped in her womb. I do love the similarities and to see how God's plans unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment