Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baby Food Update

Elizabeth and I made baby food peas today. I have the baby food attachment on my Kitchen Aid and it is WONDERFUL! It shelled all the peas and made for a creamy baby food. I didn't realize how hard the shells were until I washed everything out and had all the shells (emptied of their pea contents) in the bottom of my sink. I love Kitchen Aides. Thanks T&H for the awesome wedding present!
I froze my pea cubes and looked at my previously-made yam cubes. (I want to wait to introduce solids, so Itty Bitz hasn't even tried the cereal or the yam cubes I made last month). As I inspected my yam cubes, I noted that they were crystallized -- on their way to freezer burn. I removed them from their cheap freezer bag & vacuum packed them, since we won't be using them for another few months or so. I hate to do all that work for them to go to waste.
So, for those of you who are planning on making your own baby food, I'd suggest vacuum-packing or using a really good brand-name freezer bag to avoid freezer burn. I'll be vacuum-packing from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment