Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Christ's Chore List

After doing some research, making an initial template, and trying it for a few months, I've finally temporarily finalized (yea, I said that) my weekly chore list. It's really helped me to not be overwhelmed on Saturdays and when I would try to do it all with the hopes of being able to relax and enjoy my family on the weekends.
I debated whether or not to blog this, but I looked at numerous other blogs, so I figure...why not post what worked for me? And actually, Elizabeth and I get most of our chores done in the morning before work so we can focus on dinner and walks w/ puppy after work.

Sunday:
Cut coupons
Make weekly menu
Empty compost buckets

Monday:
Shake out rugs
Mirrors & windows
Microwave
Groom Dog

Tuesday:
Garbages
Kitchen drain
Water Plants

Wednesday:
Dusting
Ironing

Thursday:
Stove top
Fridge – inside & outside

Friday:
Sweep & mop kitchen
Bathroom: sinks, toilets, floors
Water Plants

Saturday:
Laundry
Vacuum crevices of house
Scrub tubs & shower

Monthly:
Bathe dog
Wash dog's linens
Fridge drawers & door shelves

(I never dusted pictures before until I saw someone else post it. I then went to my pictures and saw what they were talking about -- ewww! Who knew picture frames needed to be dusted...I do, now.)

2 comments:

  1. think I'll copy this, I need some regiment love Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't include "vacuuming" because I do it every other day anyway since the dog sheds and the woman of the house doesn't like to take her shoes off. :) And Elizabeth likes to watch Mom vacuum.
    I also don't water my plants the 2nd time during the week in the summer because it is more moist in the house and I don't want root rot.

    ReplyDelete