Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What to Give Up for Lent


"When we give up something for Lent, we endure our sacrifice as a reminder of Christ’s ultimate sacrifice on the Cross. When we add something to our daily lives, we experience the sacrifice of carrying our cross in a deeper way."
Well, what should I give up? I'm baffled. So I Googled. I can't very well give up TV, Internet, eating out, credit cards, shopping, sweets, or alcohol, I hardly do/use those things. It's not a true sacrifice because I couldn't care less to give those up.
So, I am giving up procrastination...starting tomorrow. Hahaha. No really -- it's 8:00 PM. I can't procrastinate on anything for the rest of today. I'm not a horrible procrastinator, but it's enough to bother me and cause an umbrella effect over many parts of my life.
And what to take up? Being on time? That's the opposite of procrastination. Hmmm, or maybe just spending more time with the Lord. I have my hour of adoration a week & mass on Sundays, but what about the Saturday Latin Mass? Or reconciliation more than once a month? Or my favorite: Stations of the Cross. Spending more time reading scripture. More time in prayer. Yes, I think all of the above should work for the next 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment