Thursday, March 5, 2015

Big Changes: no daycare, illness, New daycare, less work.

Big changes this week in our household. My daycare spontaneously closed on Monday d/t the state and false accusations of a parent. Breaks my heart b/c these wonderful people have been in our lives everyday since E was 3 months old. 
Felicity got over the flu, then an ear infection, then popped out w/ a new tooth. Now she's feeling good and talking up a storm.
Mama took three days off from work to spend with the girls. Loved every moment. Interviewed six potential day cares/nannies. Landed an awesome daycare. Tough in a small town to find good help especially when there's 6 other families looking on the same week. 
Being home with the girls made me realize how much I'm missing them. So the hubby and I came to a conclusion: work part time or not at all. So I called my boss at work and asked if I could go down to three days a week. I was reluctant and doubting that he would agree.  He came back with a resounding, "sure. We can make that work. Let's talk next week. " my eyes open. This was not the answer I expected. I was more so expecting to have to put in my resignation, but was pleasantly surprised.
Thank you to all my prayer warriors who helped me out.  I didn't know which direction the Lord is going to lead me, but it's been a whirlwind of a week. The optimist in me is giddy with joy. The pessimist in me is waiting for it all to backfire.  
It also made me feel good that my new daycare told me she was praying for my old daycare. Now I know that I made the right decision.
All I can pray for is "that thy will be done".

No comments:

Post a Comment