Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Nighttime Talks

I recently read an article on when kids ask you to stay a little longer to talk with them when giving goodnight kisses, to stay because "that's when the good stuff comes out." Before reading this I stayed about 40% of the time, David the other 40% and the last 20% the answer was "no its too late."
Now I stay almost all the time. Tonight Elizabeth was talking about Jesus, heaven, souls, and clothes. Why didn't he have any clothes on the cross? Do we rise like Jesus when we die? Did Mary 
make Jesus' clothes. What are casting lots? Then she tells me "mom, I don't want to go to heaven." I tell her of course she does ... eventually. She just still had a lot to do on earth before she goes. Heaven is where we get to worship God and Jesus and meet all of our ancestors. "But we two won't be together." "Yes we will." I tell her boldly. "You're going to grow up and get married and have babies and when the two of us are old and grey we'll go meet Jesus."  Ok so maybe I'm wrong in telling her that because I'll be 100 and she'll be 81, but my little worrier is afraid to be w/o her mommy at 4 years old. And she loves earth she's afraid of what's to come. 
Either that or she's afraid I'm not taking the elevator up!! Lol. 
Either way, it's still when the good stuff comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment