Friday, January 1, 2016

Perfect Popcorn

In an effort to save $ and have fun making our own popcorn, I have been making it on the stove.  After a few trials & errors I have it down pat. 
I heat a few Tbls of veg oil @ med/high heat with 3 popcorn kernels. Once all 3 pop I know the oil is hot enough. So I remove the 3 kernels, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of kernels and occasionally shake the pot while keeping the lid tilted to let the steam, but not the popcorn, escape. 
It happens so fast and the kids have fun with it. Then we add a little popcorn "butter" and salt. 
I was using coconut oil, but didn't like the sweet coconut after taste.  EVOO or veg or canola oil work best! Yum!!!  A fun treat for family movie night. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to look for that butter oil you pictured, I like to have something for the ranch seasoning to stick to and Pam just isn't cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just @ walmart in the popcorn section.

    ReplyDelete