Saturday, August 27, 2016

"I Want it Now"

We are such an immediate-gratification type of society. Plus we are bringing up our next generation this way.  I see how irritated ppl get waiting for a cup of coffee @ caribou, how they squeal their tires at a just-turned-green light, how children use the word "now!" (Mine included).

So what can I do to teach myself patience?  I once prayed for patience. Anyone who does this know that God won't just give it to you, but makes you earn/learn it.  So how do I get it?  "Wisdom + understanding=patience" is what Father Chuck told me to pray for in the confessional.  Whew!  I hoped there was a loophole! ;). 

Father mainly said this when I told him I lose my patience with my family--those I'm suppose to love most & help get to heaven, but this can be applied in many situations.  

Now to pray for self control--might as well pray  for the whole bowl of the fruits of the spirit come to think of it!! 

1 comment:

  1. I've always learned that if you pray for patience, God will give you more kids.

    ReplyDelete