Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving

David was working midnights Wednesday & Thursday night. I was working days all week. Not time off for Directors when staff calls in ill. When I leave at 6:00 in the morning for work, David is just coming home. Thursday I worked 8-5 and so my Sweetie came to the parking lot at work, kissed me Happy Thanksgiving, and went to work as I headed to Derik & Kelly's to stop by to say hi. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I am very thankful that we have good jobs in this economy and understanding families regarding holidays.
After work on Friday, we headed to my parents-in-law in Buck Lake. Grandma Brooks & Grandma Peterson were both there. Bekkah, Jackie & Mark, Jenny & Junior, Mom & Dad, & us (James was in Alaska for work & Kim, Jeff & kids were in the cities). The meal was deliciously huge and we got left overs. Jen also sent us home with different cuts of venison from the deer they got this year. After dinner, of course there's always room for pie; chocolate, pumpkin, or blueberry with real cream. Mmmm!
Next are the games; this year was the Game of Life and Cranium. If you're not familiar, Cranium is a board game that consists of different actions you have to do for your team to guess. You may have to hum a tune, act like a cow milker or Napoleon Dynamite, draw a "roof rack" or "buffalo wings" with your eyes closed, or sculpt a mullet out of clay and get your team to guess the correct answer. Or just know that coconut water can be used in an IV. It was really fun and brought out a lot of laughs. I also found out I cannot teach a 5 y.o. to play chess. :)

All in all, it didn't matter that we were a little late because of our jobs. We had an awesome night with the family and reminds us of all the things we're thankful for this year. Even the fact that we still don't have any snow on the ground yet! PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment