Monday, November 9, 2009

What Do You Do When You're Sick?


I was ill a few weeks back. I was couch-ridden for the first couple of days, but then when I was on the mend, I was still weak yet bored. What I ended up doing, since I couldn't sit on the couch any longer and watch Disney movies, was just futzing. I decided to add some decorations to my bathroom. I dyed cotton balls and dried some rose & carnations I had, placing them into some little decorative glass jars. Since no one goes into my master bathroom and will probably never see my creations, I'm posting them on my blog! (My bathroom is green & brown, same as the attached master bedroom, hence the green theme.) It actually turned out kinda cool.

2 comments:

  1. how did you dye the cotton balls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly: trial & error. First tried boiling in hot water and food coloring. Conclusion: Didn't work, but it was funny seeing those green cotton balls floating on the stove and David asking, "what's for lunch?".
    What worked: I put vinegar & food coloring in a travel-size hairspray bottle & sprayed 50 cotton balls on a platter while rotating. I dried them overnight on a metal cookie rack (vinegar reacts w/ metal, so don't do this, otherwise they dried nicely). :)

    ReplyDelete