Tuesday, April 20, 2010

12 Week Check-Up Today



The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. The face looks unquestionably human: the eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and the ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs 1/2 an ounce. David and I heard Baby Brooks' heartbeat today. 160 BPM then followed by a thump. Dr said it was baby kicking. Then I laughed, which caused another thump. Pretty cool! I had to dress up for a luncheon we were hosting at work so I was wearing some dressier, pre-pregnancy clothes and my staff was laughing at my already showing tummy. Hi there Baby Brooks! Can't wait to meet you!

2 comments: