Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dear John

I just finished the book "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks. This author is such a talented writer and no two books are alike. It is the story of two very different people - a rebel army grunt and a God-fearing innocent valedictorian - with an intense love for one another, separated by his enlistment in the army and being stationed in Germany for years. She helps him heal his very delicate relationship with his father before the father dies. And whenever there is a full moon, they both stand under it and know that they are standing under the exact same moon. When he's set to come back home to be with her, 9/11 happens & he stays overseas - challenging their already fragile relationship.
While the book had a slow start, it quickly took a faster pace and I sat in bed, tears streaming down my cheeks, unable to go to sleep until I finished the book in the late hours of the night.
It was made into a movie, but I have not yet seen it. I highly recommend this book by Sparks - he's done it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment