Friday, December 16, 2011

Now THAT's a Good Idea



We were chatting @ work the other day and I had mentioned that when I make something in the crock pot, it usually gets overcooked because I'm gone well over 8 hrs a day. I usually come home and whatever I cooked is beyond falling off the bone. "Low" was still too hot and "keep warm" was not hot enough. I have gone home at lunch time to turn it on, but that is still a waste & kinda defeats the "time saving" purpose.

So I started using a light-timer to cook my food. I keep it plugged in all the time since I do not use that outlet otherwise - so it keeps the hourly time correct. I usually set it for 8 or 9 o'clock to start cooking. Even if it's just a couple of chicken breasts - I can make the rest of my meal with already-cooked meat without having to defrost and cook the meat prior to putting it in whatever I'm cooking. I do this for stir fry as well as some casseroles.

The girl at work said, "Now THAT's a Good Idea. You should tell everyone about this."

Another girl said that her daughter wanted a programmable crock pot for Christmas. But, this way you can keep your old crock pot and buy a $5 timer to go along with it.

So, take it or leave it, but I was told to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment