Monday, March 21, 2016

Footprints on My Heart (Treadmill)

I don't like to exercise. I do it. I feel better afterwards. I kind of look forward to it up until it's time to start.  Actually I'm like oh look...laundry, needs to be done before I exercise.  I know I'm kidding myself. 

The leading cause of death is heart disease. My dad was dx with CHF on his deathbed that he wasn't aware of prior.  I want to be around for my kids. I hate taking time away from them to say "mommy has to exercise". And don't get me wrong, I don't even exercise daily if I have physically challenging chores to do. However I hope I'm instilling in them the desire for good health and also prolonging my life so I can be with them longer in this world.  Tonight I traced the kids feet on my treadmill to remind me that I run not for myself, not for others, but for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment