Saturday, March 12, 2016

"I'm Praying for You"

"Sending you happy thoughts." This phrase saddens me because the person writing it does not want to say they're praying for the person. Why?  Is the writer non-religious? Are we so afraid of offending people?  If a Jewish friend told me they're praying for me, wouldn't I still be appreciative in their beliefs and say thank you?
"Asking for positive thoughts."  This is the request of a father of a sick child.  Positive thoughts. Sigh.  Don't be afraid to ask for prayer, God's healing, & Guardian angels to protect you. 

We humans ask why there is so much suffering. I myself ask.  I don't like suffering, pain, mental anguish. Who does?  Why me, Lord?  Why do I feel like I'm being "punished"?

I'm sure the answer is not to be completely understood by us until we rest in heaven.  Isaiah 55:8 : "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
 
I'm Catholic. I believe in purgatory.  I believe it's a time of atonement and cleansing before living forever w/ God in heaven.  But maybe some people serve their purgatory here on earth through their own, or through others, suffering.  Maybe the sick child is a test for us. I know when we rushed my baby to the hospital the most important thing I packed was my rosary because that night I prayed, and I prayed hard. 

I admit, when Dad was sick I prayed, and prayed, and prayed.  When he died God and we didn't talk much except for, "why God?"  Otherwise I gave Him the silent treatment. I had no other words. Maybe that's why people ask for positive thoughts because they're mad or they just can't find the words. I get that.  

So even if people can't bring themselves to talk to God & pray themselves in a time of need and are asking for positive thoughts, I'll pray for them.  
Guess I just answered my own question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment