Saturday, December 24, 2016

Being "Religous" is OK

I love my religion.  There has been a few digs against the Catholic religion and, if appropriate, I defend it.  I shouldn't have to, but I do.  Why is it ok to talk down about one religion or "being religious"?  Religion is just the path you take to God, and everyone's path is different.  I respect that. I   found that I LOVE that in the 8 1/2 years I've been Catholic that I've never heard a priest, or any lay person, talk down ANY other belief or religion.  Rant over...can you tell that an old friend of mine posted an anti-pope article on fb recently? However she tore him up one side and down the other without reading the article.  He said he believes in evolution, but that in the sense that bodies, animals, and plants change in order to accommodate their environment--not that we came from monkeys. He also considers the Big Bang to have occurred, but that God did it.  Of course I cannot share this on fb, so I spew this on my own on-line journal, because I can without sarcastic comments. I figure if you love God, pray, help others, follow the 10 commandments, and treat your neighbor with kindness and don't look down your nose at anyone, you are to be appreciated & respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment