Saturday, October 10, 2009

Coffee


Even though my kitchen is decorated in a coffee theme and I drink it on a daily basis, I do not proclaim to be a coffee
connoisseur by any means. My favorite is Kona from the big island of Hawaii, and I do like some instant organic blends as well. I was away from home from Monday to Friday this week in St. Cloud & Plymouth at a Mn SWAP meet for recreational therapy directors & Leadership training courses. During that week I left behind many a half-drunk cups of coffee. How hard is coffee to make, grounds+water, grounds+water. Lately more and more companies are using the convenient concentrated freeze dried instant coffee. We have it at my place of work. I could even tell from the aroma that I was not going to like the first sip. Why did I still drink it? I generally require a little caffeine fix in the AM & soda pop is not a first choice of mine (the high fructose corn syrup is just plain bad for you). All I know is that when Dave made the coffee this morning, I was like a hungry dog awaiting a Beggin' Strip when the coffee maker completed it's final percolation. I think I'll start packing tea bags for my hotel stays from now on.

4 comments:

  1. I think you'd like constant comment by bigelow - it's aroma is one of the best ever!! There's also a tea that tastes a lot like coffee, even kinda smells like it by celestial seasonings, but it's very hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's called roastaroma - no caffiene, but tastes just like coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Christmas present idea for me, tea+coffee ... the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i'll buy u a hammer instead....T

    ReplyDelete