Sunday, July 18, 2010

Last Weekend's Project





I forgot to post last weekend's project. I keep this online journal so that I can remember when we do things. It helps when I remember to post what we did. Our shed was just east to the garden, sitting on rotting boards and slowly sinking (thanks to previous owners). We tag-teamed it so that Dave would lift a corner and I would slide a cement block under it, doing one corner and one block at a time...praying the entire time the thing wouldn't fall on my husband or my dog. The next day we backed the trailer under the shed, put some 12' 2x4s on the trailer, and took the blocks out, one at a time, one corner at a time, to lower it onto the trailer. Drove the trailer w/ the truck onto the cement slab David poured when the garage slab was done (Aug '07). Did the block thing again, said prayers again, pulled the trailer out, and lowered it to the slab. Good teamwork, Babe! Now lets never move that thing again. (Funny, with the shed up on blocks, it looks like one of those redneck pictures you get on email. This would be labeled "redneck A/C". Not that there's anything wrong w/ rednecks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment