Saturday, December 12, 2015

Making Memories

     I have this hanging on my bedroom wall. It's a reminder to me that life is short and we only have this short time on earth. We have an even shorter time with our kids to set a good example and give them memories, good & bad. 
     That being said my husband and I rarely fight, maybe once every couple of years.  Last night we did, in front of the kids, which is wrong.  He was late for date night, and hungry, angry me...I spazzed. 
     We were in the car so there was really no place to go, but we still should have put our emotions aside or at least cancelled the night.  My poor children witnessed this incident and of course this sign in my bedroom reminded me that life is all about making memories, esp for our children, so try to make them good ones.
     This morning David and I sat down with the girls and explain to them how our argument in front of them was wrong. We explained that we still love each other and that we didn't mean to scare them.  This doesn't cover up last night's memory, but I do hope the girls learn forgiveness through this outburst of emotion. Not all memories are happy, but we hope everyone can learn from them and have good come from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment