Monday, July 24, 2017

Gardening-Tippy Corn

Arg.  I'm not big on growing corn.  It just SUCKS the nutrients out of the garden and it's dirt-cheap to buy, but the family wanted it this year.  As long as I had the extra room in the garden, I obliged.  Son of a gun, wouldn't you know that a very quick, but very strong storm went through and bent every one down to the ground.  I forgot to take a pic.  That night David and I went out, lifted them back up, and he hoed dirt around the stalks to prop them back up.  It worked, so far.  Now to see if they'll keep growing and produce or not.  If not, I've learned my lesson.

Growing corn was nothing super important to me, but it still bummed me out to lose it.  Imagine losing your home or something else you've worked endlessly on just to have it gone (poof) like that in a moment.  Guess I should count my blessing instead of my turned over corn stalks.

1 comment:

  1. I went to taters after tilling under my 'corn.' Will trade... ;-D

    ReplyDelete