Sunday, December 13, 2009

7th Generation Products = Safe & Effective


We have started using Seventh Generation cleaning products in our home. Did you know that if every household in the U.S. replaced just one bottle of 25 oz petroleum-based dish liquid with a 25 oz bottle of Seventh Generation plant-derived dish liquid, we could save 129,000 barrels of oil? That's enough to heat and cool 7,400 U.S. homes a year! I love my Dawn for its grease-cutting ability, but this is just as good. I like knowing that whatever I wash down the drain and into my septic system is safe by the time it makes it back into my well. http://www.seventhgeneration.com/

3 comments:

  1. is it a lot more expensive? Becuase if you're looking to save $ and be kind to the environment, I have some recipes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a 25 Oz bottle, it's around $1.19 or $2.19 (I think). Comparably priced to other brands. Plus coupons are available online. I can't use a lot of the homemade soaps b/c they use soap flakes made out of Ivory soap. I can't use the homemade laundry detergent either b/c it isn't compatible w/ my front-loader...have to use the HE. Here's a website though that may be helpful: http://www.easy-homemade-recipes.com/dish-soap.html

    ReplyDelete