Monday, December 21, 2009

This Little Piggy Went into a Blanket...and then into my tummy


Kelly & I made Mom's famous Sarmas (Pigs in a Blanket) yesterday. This was our first attempt without the master cook's presence & tutelage. They turned out spectacular. We even used 2 of Troy's sourheads! Just as good as Mom's (you would have been proud, Ma). The only change was that this year we used my kitchen aide with a meat grinder attachment versus grinding everything by hand. I can't say that I was sad that we weren't able to grind 5# of ham by hand. It went so fast. Even Ruby found the whole thing entertaining, and apparently educational as Kelly explained to her what Auntie Christi was doing. Mmmm! Just the thought of those little piggies in my freezer makes my mouth water!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Christi, I was so glad to hear you two got together to do this. Does a Mom's heart so good to hear her "girls" are getting together to share a kitchen and create a meal. They look wonderful. Planning on making a batch of antipasto this summer so if you want to make some once the green/yellow beans are ready, we can do another day in the kitchen bonding time. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beaming w/pride to know (among the rest of your post) that you used my sourheads. Too cool! They look great!

    Its been a while, maybe its time for me to make sourheads again!?

    ReplyDelete