Friday, December 25, 2009

We Wish You a Merry Christmas



Christmas Eve was with the Brooks'. David had to work so I attended Mass with Kim, Jeff, Jackie, James, Grandma Brooks, and Mark. After we split and met at Ma & Dad Brooks'. We had ham, turkey, chips with spicy dip (& chunks of carpet - inside joke), and sugary treats. We then opened gifts. Jakie & Kim were our secret Santas and Bekkah & James had us. I got a blender, knee-high socks, wine, candles, and soaps, lotions, and perfume. I left around 10 with Grandma, just to get home by 11 due to the snowy roads. Grandma keep the conversation going as I avoided the ditch, praying all the way.
Today we had Candy, Gary, James, Bekkah, Jackie, and Mark over for a Christmas dinner. We had chicken, pork loin, potatoes, corn, cranberries, and don't forget the buns in the oven! It was a beautiful day. Dave and I exchanged presents later by ourselves. We each received a present we wanted, a present we didn't expect, and a tender-hearted card. All in all it was a good day. When that was done, we spent some quality time together, plowing snow! :)
Tonight I made phone calls to family that I couldn't be with
today. Unfortunately there's direct line to heaven. As I quietly sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, I wished Dad a Merry 1st Christmas in Heaven. Can you imagine what kind of celebration they have for our Savior in Heaven? Do you think they go ice skating? Bowling? Have Dairy Queen ice cream cake? That's what I would do on my birthday in Heaven. Just trying to expand your mind...think about it. Any-whoo...Merry Christmas and may our Lord and Savior bless you this day and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment