Sunday, May 2, 2010

I Love My Pot



I bought a cast iron dutch oven a few months back, but didn't want to "recommend" it until I tried it out. I love it. Lodge makes a fabulous line of cast iron cookware, pre-seasoned. On the PBS show "Cook's Kitchen" they trialed many skillets, and found that among the stainless steel, Teflon, and cast iron, they recommended the Lodge cast iron over all the rest in ease of cleaning, food not sticking, & food taste. The only down side is that it's heavy, but that was no surprise. They also recommended, amongst all different blenders, the Kitchen Aide blender over all the rest. I have that too, so I must be doing something right at choosing kitchen accessories. Now if only I knew how to use them all! Haha
http://www.americastestkitchentv.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christi! YOur blog looks great! I wish I had time to do something like this! I have three cast iron skillets and love cooking in them! I use them everyday. They can be a pain to take care of because of the rust issue...but in my eyes is worth the pain. What have you cooked in your dutch oven? I have thought about purchasing one also. Anyways, I hope all is well with you, David and the baby :-) Take care,Billie Jo

    ReplyDelete