Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wedding Dress Preservation - Part II


Finally bit the bullet and had my dress preserved. I kept it in the back closet for the past 3 years. I'd gaze at it from time to time and even tried it on one last time--5 weeks pregnant. I was on the fence about preserving it, because it seems so final to me. Another chapter in my life moving on and another starting. As long as I had that dress available to me, I had those feeling of "new bride" in me. Well, that new bride's huge dress was competing for space in the "new groom's" closet of sports equipment. And there is going to be a new chapter starting...from newly weds to newly parents. So the dress is cleaned, preserved, and under the bed until someday it makes its reappearance on someone else's new chapter in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment