Sunday, August 22, 2010

Prayer of St. Ignatius Loyola

This is a prayer out of our Missal that I pray it either after mass or communion. It's a difficult prayer to pray because you have to surrender to God everything that you consider as yours and what makes you who you are. But we have to remember that everything we have and everything we are originally came from God anyhow. And we have to be willing to give it back to God, because it belongs to him anyway.

Surrender

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment