Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Curtains = Energy Savers? YES!

I bought Eclipse Blackout Energy Efficient Curtains from Walmart for my house. They work wonderful! On hot summer days, the house stays 5-10 degrees cooler on the inside than it did before we bought the curtains. We have them only on the South-West side of the house because that's where the hot afternoon sun really does it's work. What I like about these is the color & length varieties. What I do not like is that they only come in 42" widths - which is too narrow for one window and too wide for another. K-Mart has the 52" widths, which I have in my bedroom - better. They're about $9.95 per curtain and I have 2 on each window. Definitely worth it when you consider the amount of energy it takes to heat/cool your home. Overall, I give this product 2-green thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment