Friday, September 30, 2016

I am Catholic, but…

 I tire easily of the phrase, "I'm a Catholic, but…" It's usually followed by: I believe in the death penalty, I am pro choice, I use birth control, I'm a part of (this) political party, etc.

 When I tell people that I am Catholic, I can see it in their eyes. They're assuming that I am a "Catholic, but..., Catholic."  That I'm not really passionate about my Lord and the church he built for us.

 For years I would tell people that I am "very Catholic". And let their imaginations do the rest.  I found a term today that I love. "Authentic Catholic".

 Here's a website I found that I like. It makes being authentic a little clearer as I'm learning of this journey of religion that I'm on.

http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/Christian_Spirituality/Christian_Spirituality_017.htm

I'm posting it here incase I forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment