Saturday, March 7, 2009

Introduction


So, how do you begin a blog? I'm not really one to talk about myself, so maybe a blog about me isn't the best idea. (Huh, I should have thought this through better...haha.) I keep a written journal and update it monthly, but @ least on a blog, I can post pictures and share with others. Well, here's a little about me: I have graduated from being "mid-to-late twenties" to now "late-twenties". I am married to a fantastic man who makes me laugh and makes my heart swoon. He is the hardest worker I have ever met and has a tender-hearted, God-fearing soul. Growing up, my parents taught me kindness, love, understanding and empathy for others. I was the youngest of three with 2 older brothers. With my brothers' marriages, I have been blessed with two wonderful sisters-in-law. With my marriage on 05/05/2007, I inherited an awesome, welcoming family. I proudly accepted the name "Brooks" in place of my "Maki". {Sidenote: Maki is Finnish for "hill". So I went from earth to water: brooks, streams, creeks, etc. lol} When I married, I inherited two wonderful new Grandmas. I am the proud auntie of 2 nieces and 4 nephews. I enjoy cooking/baking, gardening, working, kick-boxing, and curling up in front of the fireplace with a good book and a steaming cup of coffee. I have been blessed with hair that grows quickly, so about every three years I cut off a 10-plus inch ponytail and donate it to www.locksoflove.org. So far, I have donated 2 ponytails and am working on a third for 2010. :) My goals in life are simple; to serve God, to live debt-free (thank you Dave Ramsey), help others in need, make other people happy. May God bless you, Reader, today and always. Love, Christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment