Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sun Country Airlines

Can you believe what the air lines are doing now? They are charging for baggage fees for your first bag and then they charge $15 to be guarenteed you sit next to the person with whom you're traveling! Are you kidding? I refuse to give them the satisfaction. This is like high school and being assigned seats next to people you don't like. I'm an adult. Let me sit where I want. To my knowledge, the purpose for the assigned seating initially was so that everyone has a seat that bought one. My guess as to this change? To lower costs when they cut the position of the employee who sat on their duff all day - assigning seats according to first come-first serve. COuld you imagine traveling with a 2 year old and telling him, "Sorry little Johny, we didn't have the extra $15, so you have to sit next to this stinky, sweaty 400# man whose hips are going to be crawling into your seat. Play nice". Arg. When are we going to put our foot down and say "ENOUGH!"

4 comments:

  1. try to pack everything into a very large carry on (some airlines allow small wheeled pull style bags as carry ons)and then be one of the first ones on the plane so you can sit next to your hubby :) But I do agree that stinks about not guaranteeing your family gets to sit together, especially when you have a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I will NEVER fly that Airline now if that is required and can't wait for Southwest and Jet Blue to make more flights available from MSP.

    In the mean time I'll get my pilot's license - something Dad and I always intended on doing when I was in college.

    TM

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey that's an idea - hire Thomas to fly you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shouldn't say it's just Sun Country. Unfortunately most airlines are going this direction. First they take the meals away. Then the peanuts. Now our travel partners, and tack on $30 baggage fees per person. What's next, taxes on the toilets? "Deposit a quarter to use the facilities."
    I would ask To`mas ... if he had his own plane! :)

    ReplyDelete