Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thursday 02/18/2010 SPI, TX Vacation

Last week DB&I went to SPI, TX to have a little R&R and visit my Mom & Earl and his folks. Thursday we dropped Lexie off at the Woof & Purr Boarding & spent the night at my girlfriend's in WBL. They have a beautiful home and busy household with 2 young, gorgeous children, 9 mo old retriever, and a crazy cat. We had a good night reminiscing & catching up. We had to leave early @ 5 AM. Cari was sweet enough to set out to-go cups for coffee and donuts with sprinkles for our drive to the airport. We got to the airport early, parked the car, and headed in. I was surprised (though I shouldn't have been) at the size and amount of carry-ons people had. Like I had said before, it was $20 (went up from $15) per checked bag. There are pros & cons to this, of course. Pro: significantly less people at baggage claim. Con: Everyone has a bag in the overhead compartment, so it takes longer to board and deplane b/c everyone is fighting w/ their bags. All in all, the flight was good and DB&I sat next to each other without having the pa the extra $15 to guarantee a seat next to the one you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment