Friday, March 5, 2010

Date Night

Went out to Brickyard for dinner. Arg. Skunked...again. It being Lent and Friday, I couldn't eat meat (or fish, obviously), so I ask for the veggie burger. Now veggie burgers are nothing compared to a juicy, red meat burger, but with enough veg and condiments, it's good. What do I get? I get sauteed broc/caulif/mushrooms/sweet bell peppers SMOTHERED in cheese and plopped onto a bun. Now...I was thinking soy of tofu boca burger. I tried to eat 1/2 of it and asked the waitress to take it away & bring me the menu so that I could re-read what I ordered. "On the lighter side: Garden burger on kaiser bun, served w/ steamed veggies, cottage cheese or side salad." She said that someone else complained yesterday that it was wrong. Well...hello then! Run to the nearest grocery store and buy the right ones out of any freezer. Why would it be labeled "on the lighter side" and completely smothered with cheese...and served with another side of veg? On top of it, the waitress tried to take DB's plate before he was done, we had different servers bringing us each course, and had to call the girl back over for refills and the bill. I'm calling it a night and cuddling up with the Dog Whisperer to try to maintain my crazy dog. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment