Monday, March 15, 2010

Wedding Dress Preservation


When I had my wedding dress cleaned and repaired, I did not have it preserved. Why? Who knows. But after taking up 1/2 a closet in the spare bedroom for the past 3 years, I finally decided to have it preserved. I pulled it out tonight. So many memories in one dress. Are you asking yourself, "did she try it on in vain to see if it still fit?" YOU BET I DID! HAHA
When I put it on at the church, I had 2 other women helping. This time I had to find all the hooks, snaps, and zipper myself. But after some wriggling, twisting, fighting, and holding of the breath (can you picture this drama? especially with sweat pants on underneath), it was on. ZZZIP: all the way to the top. Conclusion: IT STILL FIT. Not as pretty w/o the hair & makeup, but after 3 years, I was pretty damn proud. I'm satisfied. Now to have it boxed up for 20 years for the next person to take this mound of tulle, satin, and pink flowers and get into it. Hope this story put a smile on your face at my Monday night antics. (This is what I do when my Dearly Beloved is changing oil in the garage.)

2 comments:

  1. congrats on that Deed, the image of you in that dress burned a beautiful memory in my mind, would not need pics, but then going with you to watch you try on many and looking spectacular in each one was an honor i'll never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! Good times. Good memories!
    (I was even 7 weeks pregnant when I tried it on) :)

    ReplyDelete