Monday, March 29, 2010

Friday Night Bowling


So date night was spent at the local home, boat, & travel show. Afterwards,a rousing game of bowling. Two exactly. David has his own ball and shoes whilst I use the rent-a-foot-disease shoes and the 20# bowling ball with the too small of holes. Na, it wasn't that bad...my score was, but we had a blast. There were a few families there, so I think they had the lighter balls. So in-between throwing my shoulder out on my rare strikes, I enjoyed watching the kids do better than me. Dave always does better than me, so I can't compete with him. The three year old little girl next to me had a better score. Maybe because she would get excited, spin around, and dance every time she threw the ball. I have never seen a bowling ball travel more slowly than that one. Many times I wondered if it would even make it down to the pins. That's it. Next time I'm going to throw it between my legs at excruciatingly slow speeds, dance and laugh at myself and use the bumper lane. Or drink more alley beer. We'll see. All in all, it was a hoot to people watch and D&I found out that we really need to do this more than just a few times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment