Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Blog

I have had my blog now for 1 year. In that time, we've laughed, we've complained, we've shared. :) Thank you to both of you who read my blog (LOL). 182 blogs.
As long as I'm here I may as well do a book review: Cesar Millan's book about dog psychology. If you own a dog, BUY THIS BOOK! I didn't say if you have a problem dog. No...if you have a dog buy this book! He talks about what your dog needs from you. #1 exercise, #2 discipline, #3 then affection. On his show The Dog Whisperer, he is able to even get the "Red Zone" dogs to be calm. Your dog should never walk ahead of you on a leash - that means he's the pack leader. They should never win at tug-o-war. They should pee/poop when you let them. It all comes down to you being Calm-Assertive and the dog being Calm-Submissive. Check out this website for video examples. I highly recommend this book to any dog-owner! Happy reading!
http://podcast.nationalgeographic.com/dog-whisperer/

No comments:

Post a Comment