Thursday, January 6, 2011

In Mother's Arms


In Mother's Arms
In the wee hours of the morn
with baby in my arms
I pray her guardian angel
protect her from all harm

And my mind starts to wonder
to a time long ago
When my very own mother
held me in moonlit glow

Did her heart swoon like mine
when eyes grazed flawless cheeks
Or a smile tickle her lips
with every baby squeak

Was she curious who I would be
did she wonder at my potential
And would she lay back and listen
to every baby babble

In my mother's arms
from the world I was safe
Some days I'd like to crawl back in
to mother's warm embrace

I pray for you, my babe
that blessed you will be
And that we share a friendship
like your Grandma and Mommy

1 comment:

  1. yes she did......and that is my prayer also, Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete