Saturday, January 29, 2011

Recommendations for Mommies & Babies

Here's what I've found that I like:
Here's our favorite lotion-Gentle Naturals. Elizabeth is very sensitive to fragrances. This is better than Aveeno Eczema Cream for babies or even Johnson's Scent Free.

We also like the Baby Oil Gel. It doesn't spill like baby oil and "locks in 10x's the moisture", per the label. We use the aloe/Vit E one b/c the other scents irritate her skin.

The best diaper rash cream in the world-Butt Paste. Worth its weight in gold. Smells good too:

Here's our favorite baby carrier. I wear Baby when I cook, clean, or just need to give my arms a rest from carrying her, but still want to keep her close.

A perfect solution to milk let down - Avent. However, they only hold around 1oz, so you will have spillage w/ >1oz:

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Aveeno baby daily moisture lotion (fragrance free)? This is the only lotion that doesn't cause our kids to break out in eczema. I like the naturals excezma cream too - but it's so thick & greasy that I found it hard to use as a complete body everyday lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aveeno is just to watery for her severely dry skin. I have to keep applying it t/o the day. I use the Gentle Naturals on her face & hands, where she gets REALLY dry. Otherwise I use the baby gel oil on the rest of her. Once she got the baby oil in her eyes after rubbing her eyes w/ oily hands, and it irritated them so, that's why I use the GN on her hands and face:GN is fragrance free & doesn't irritate her eyes, but yes it is too thick to use on her whole body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addendum: We love Walgreen diapers. They hold well and are ~0.11/diaper when on sale (we only use disposables though when the cloth ones are being washed). We may also try Target brand ones, too. HATE Walmart diapers! Arg! Hello leaks! I love Pampers, but they are way too spendy to just fill with poop and throw away. :)
    Dislike Walgreen wipes. Nice but too thick: hard to get out of the wipe warmer.
    Also, I found that I dislike the Baby fingernail clippers. I just use mine, they are sharper. My sister and mom bite the babies nails off, but I just can't get them short enough that way.

    ReplyDelete