Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Awake


The dehumidifier was beeping at 3:30 AM today, announcing "Hey, I'm full! Come empty me!" Arg. So I got up, emptied it, and it happily started running again. I went back to bed, tossed, turned, flipped. Arg, can't sleep! May as well get up. It got me thinking...why didn't he get up? The beeping didn't even phase David. Then I remembered what one of our Parenting Class instructors had said about men & women and what wakes them in the night, so I research and find this article, When Daddy Goes Deaf:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1231896/When-Daddy-goes-deaf-How-men-really-DONT-hear-babies-crying-asleep.html
That may be true, but a shaking from a spouse or "Psst, your turn" will wake anyone up, believe me. :)

2 comments:

  1. this is so true! When William was a baby he was sleeping in the bassinet in our room & Troy, who was napping in our room didn't hear him crying. Yet, I could hear William's cry from the basement; 2 floors down from the upstairs loft where they both were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably very true, but your Dad Lon walked many a many hour with you kids, because, I was so sensative to the crys, could never sleep and got over the edge, He picked up the slack and went without a lot of hours of sleep

    ReplyDelete