Saturday, September 25, 2010

Snow White for Trusty Rusty


I inherited my Dad's '96 van. With BB1 on the way, the truck being sold, and an "extra" vehicle just sitting there collecting dust, we sold my candy white 2003 Malibu to my niece last week. I like the van. It rides nice, is comfortable, and since I threw my back out, my chiropractor suggested I use it until Baby is born anyhow (easier to get in and out of compared to trying to crawl out of a car with a baby bump).
But have you ever received something second hand and you clean it thinking that it'll make it "new" again? I scrubbed and vacuumed the inside of the van, Armor-Alled, Windexed, you name it. I even went through the car wash with the van, I think subconsciously hoping it would get rid of the rust. And it did; chunks of van rust were flying this way and that on my way through the blowers. Haha. So I traded in my Snow White for Trusty Rusty, and it looks better than ever, rust and all! I think Dad would be proud.

3 comments:

  1. you'll so appreciate the sliding doors with a carseat and groceries in tow! But, alas, even with two kids, I still cannot bring myself to drive a mini-van - if they could just make an SUV with sliding doors, now that would be perfect :) Enjoy the new ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yea, you gotta get over that stigma if you want to drive it without feeling like a soccer Mom. Luckily for me we never had a van when I was a kid and I always thought they were "cool". Now I see comfort and lots more cargo room! This one has 3rd row seating, so it can fit whatever a full-bed truck can hold w/ the seats out. Can't complain about free, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and that was Dad's idea too - he liked the van because of the cargo-haul option. And to correct you, we DID have a van for a short period of time when we were kids. I don't remember where we got it or where it went, but we did. Mom drove it for a while after the Black Spirit I think.

    ReplyDelete