Sunday, September 19, 2010

Recommended DVDs for Mommies to Be


I bought Shiva Rea's Pregnancy Yoga DVD a few months back. I highly recommend this DVD, pregnant or not. She does have accommodations for women in their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimesters. It is a thorough, overall stretching DVD and I've been looking for something like this for years. I've been doing the DVD since my first trimester and found that Yoga can be a serious challenge, even for limber people. You'd be amazed on the tightness you may have and how good you feel afterwards. This really helps with my breathing now too with baby pushing up on my rib cage. I feel I have more room to breathe after doing Yoga. Also, Sister Heather recommended The Business of Being Born. It's a DVD, directed by Ricki Lake on childbirth. It was very educational on birthing not being such a scary, medical event, but a natural process. It gives the pros & cons of hospital vs home births. (Not that I would do a home birth, but it gives women the strength to take control of their birth plan.) So, that's my peanut gallery recommendation for pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment